Updated and Expanded Impairment Study
Register or log in below to view a video playback of this webinar.
(Original event date: December 7, 2016)
During this webinar, authors of the report, “Best’s Impairment Rate and Rating Transition Study – 1977 to 2015” outline their findings. In a step designed to further enhance transparency, this year’s report presents expanded information, including information on impairment rates associated with more granular Financial Strength Rating categories as well as impairment rates associated with Issuer Credit Ratings –the rating scale most familiar to users of debt market ratings.
Subsets of impairment-related data to be discussed also include:
- Gross impairments, which encompass the broadest definition of impairments and reflect the impairment data A.M. Best has used to produce its ratings performance statistics in prior impairment studies.
- Net impairments, which represent gross impairments except that insurers that became impaired after ratings withdrawals are not counted and cohorts of insurers are not reduced for withdrawn ratings.
- Liquidations, which represent insurers counted under the net impairment tabulation that were eventually liquidated.
These three definitions of performance statistics provide different views of the credit risk associated with insurance carriers rated by A.M. Best.
Panelists for this webinar include:
- Emmanuel Modu, Managing Director and Global Head of Insurance-Linked Securities, A.M. Best
- Wai Tang, Ph.D., Director, Insurance-Linked Securities, A.M. Best
For more information, view the webinar's presentation slides.
An account profile is required to continue with registration.
If you already have a profile, please Log In; otherwise, please select Create Profile.
Please Note: An Adobe Flash Player-enabled Web browser is required to view the webinar. If you are unsure whether or not the utility is installed on your system, visit the Adobe Systems Incorporated homepage at www.adobe.com. If the Flash Player is installed, dynamic graphics should appear on the page. If no graphics appear, please download and install the Flash Player here: Get Adobe Flash Player.
Attendees should also be aware that local network settings must allow streaming video access in order to view the live webinar video broadcast. Please speak with your network administrator if you are unsure whether or not you are able to watch video. If streaming video is unavailable on your network, please enjoy the audio-only version of the webinar by following the link provided on the webinar page the day of the event.
If you experience difficulties when registering, please contact Customer Service at (908) 439-2200, ext. 5742.