Press Release - SEPTEMBER 11, 2017
A.M. BestTV at Rendez-Vous: Global Reinsurers See More Than Catastrophe Risk on Horizon
| ||Lee McDonald|
Group Vice President, Publication and News Services
+1 908 439 2200, ext. 5561
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
OLDWICK - SEPTEMBER 11, 2017
In this A.M.BestTV episode, reinsurers and related professionals gathered at the annual Rendez-Vous de Septembre (Rendez-Vous) conference in Monte Carlo, Monaco, say risks such as mortgage and cyber are capturing industry attention. Click on http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=rvs1917 to view the entire program.
At this year’s annual conference of reinsurance professionals, there are approximately 2,500 delegates representing more than 25 countries in attendance. A.M. Best also held its annual reinsurance market briefing at the conference.
“This conference is A.M. Best’s opportunity to put its viewpoint out as to what it considers to be the key trends in the reinsurance marketplace,” said Nick Charteris-Black, managing director, market development, EMEA, A.M. Best. “Those key trends involve what has been going on for the past year and what A.M. Best’s outlook is for the reinsurance sector for the next 12-36 months.”
Stefan Holzberger, chief rating officer, A.M. Best, highlighted the other risks to be discussed at this year’s conference.
“Outside of the traditional natural catastrophes, like Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, other hot-button issues are mortgage reinsurance, risk transfers and insurance-linked securities. Cyber in particular is getting a lot of attention in the market since it is a growing line of business,” he said.
For full video coverage of the Rendez-Vous conference, including exclusive executive interviews, visit http://www.ambest.tv/rvs17 .
Other people that appear in this episode:
- Ulrich Wallin, director for Hannover Life Reassurance Company of America;
- David Priebe, vice chairman, Guy Carpenter & Company, LLC;
- Kathleen Reardon, chief executive officer, Hamilton Re; and
- Greg Reisner, director, A.M. Best.
Recent episodes of A.M.BestTV include:
- Surplus Lines Pricing Encounters the Market’s ‘Rocky Bottom’: Indications show accelerating growth for the excess and surplus sector, driven by a growing economy, shifting energy sector and pricing trends that may prove to be unsustainably low: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=wsiapanelrecut917 .
- Fewer Bright Lines Separate Reinsurance From Third-Party Capital: A panel of rating, reinsurance and securities executives review the current state of the insurance-linked securities sector and how it’s changing global reinsurance markets: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=ilspanelrecut917 .
- Facing Slim Returns, Reinsurers Look to New Sectors, Venues: A.M. Best analysts review highlights of a new report on the global reinsurance industry, including reinsurers’ growing interest in flood, cyber, terror and other coverages, along with their greater interest in emerging regions of the world: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=globalrereport917 .
- Shifting Business Mixes and Mergers and Acquisitions Remake Ranks of Top Global Reinsurers: Scott Mangan, senior financial analyst, A.M. Best, reviews a key part of the new Best’s Special Report on the global reinsurance segment, titled, “Down But Not Out,” which involves an annual ranking of the world’s top 50 global reinsurance groups: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=reinsurerlist917 .
.A.M.BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html . View A.M.BestTV episodes at http://www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source.